I am Sonia Sotomayor by Brad Meltzer HardcoverRegular price $14.99
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina Supreme Court Justice, is the 16th hero in the New York Times bestselling series of biographies for ages 5 to 8.
Sonia Sotomayor learned to speak Spanish before she spoke English. And she had barely started walking before she learned to run. Full of energy and dedication, Sonia read every book she could get her hands on as a child—and she especially loved detective stories. Those stories inspired her to become a lawyer, then New York City’s first Hispanic federal judge, and finally, the third woman and first Hispanic Justice of the United States Supreme Court. This friendly, fun biography series inspired the PBS Kids TV show Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum.
One great role model at a time, these books encourage kids to dream big. Included in each book are:
• A timeline of key events in the hero’s history
• Photos that bring the story more fully to life
• Comic-book-style illustrations that are irresistibly adorable
• Childhood moments that influenced the hero
• Factsthat make great conversation-starters
• A character trait that made the person heroic and that readers can aspire to
You’ll want to collect each book in this dynamic, informative series!
Age 5-9 years
Education Grade Range: Grades K-4
- Children's > Diversity > Hispanic & Latino
- Picture Books > More Picture Books...